This AGREEMENT is made effective on the date of the purchase of the software between Sprinix Technolabs Pvt. Ltd., a Company incorporated under the Companies Act, 1956 and the purchaser of the software/ product.
Licensor is a web and mobile product-based organization engaged in the business of developing and marketing software for enterprise-level e-commerce businesses It has developed web extensions and apps in the past few years for open-source platforms which are used and trusted globally. Licensee now wishes to obtain a license, and Licensor wishes to grant a license, to allow the use of the software so purchased in developing the e-commerce business website/ mobile app of the Licensee, subject to the terms and conditions set forth herein.
THEREFORE, with the intent to be legally bound, the parties hereby agree as follows:
As used in this Agreement, the following capitalized terms shall have the definitions set forth below:
- “Derivative Works” are works developed by Licensee, its officers, agents, contractors or employees, which are based upon, in whole or in part, the Source Code and/or the Documentation and may also be based upon and/or incorporate one or more other preexisting works of the Licensor. Derivative Works may be any improvement, revision, modification, translation (including compilation or recapitulation by computer), abridgment, condensation, expansion, or any other form in which such a preexisting work may be recast, transformed, or adapted. For purposes hereof, a Derivative Work shall also include any compilation that incorporates such a preexisting work.
- “Documentation” is written, printed or otherwise recorded or stored (digital or paper) material relating to the Software and/or Source Code, including technical specifications and instructions for its use including Software/ Source Code annotations and other descriptions of the principles of its operation and instructions for its use.
- “Improvements” shall mean, with respect to the Software, all modifications and changes made, developed, acquired or conceived after the date hereof and during the entire term of this Agreement.
- “Source Code” is the computer programming source code form of the Software in the form maintained by the Licensor, and includes all non-third-party executables, libraries, components, and Documentation created or used in the creation, development, maintenance, and support of the Software as well as all updates, error corrections and revisions thereto provided by Licensor, in whole or in part.
- The licensee shall pay to Licensor the amount as mentioned on the website from where the order is placed, as one-time, upfront fees in consideration for the licenses and rights granted hereunder (hereinafter referred to as the “License Fee”). The License Fee to be paid by Licensee shall be paid upfront at the time of placing the order, and no credit will be allowed under any circumstances.
- Once paid, the License Fees shall be non-refundable. The Licensee has fully satisfied itself about the Software and has seen the demonstration, and only thereafter has placed the order. Thus, the License Fees or any part thereof is non-refundable. No claim for refund of the Licence Fees shall be entertained under any circumstances.